In their article “Riego is On a Roll”, Berytech describes Riego and highlights Riego’s recognition and awards.
Riego – An Agricultural Irrigation Solution – has been on the frontlines of competitions, gaining national attention due to the unique nature of the innovative solution. Some of the recent achievements – as highlighted in the Berytech article – are as follows:
- Riego won the “Digital Energy Revolution Challenge” and the “Green Impact Award” after being incubated at Berytech.
- Riego landed first in the Hyundai Startup Competition. Also, Riego was selected to start a three-month accelerator program in Dubai initiated by the UK-Lebanon Tech Hub.
- Also as part of the Berytech Group, Riego participated and took part in the biggest innovation &startup conference on the Mediterranean in 2016.
- Riego achieved second place in the 2016 edition of the Global Social Venture Competition-GSVC.
- Riego won in the startups track category of the 10th MIT Enterprise Forum Arab Startup Competition held at Bahrain’s International Circuit.
- Riego won second prize in Seedstars Beirut.
And last but not least, Riego won the third prize Global Startup Business Plan completion (GSBPC) in the UNIDO panel “Promoting youth entrepreneurship through startups” and among several initiatives with an attendance of 200 entrepreneurs from around the world.